Der long and winding road

Augh! I've been battling like crazy with getting the load/save cycle to work together with the openjacob draw2d libraries. Actually, that's not really fair, because I hadn't touched the problem before I switched to draw2d, so most probably I would have had the same problems no matter with graphical library I would have used.

Also, there is still something that have changed between draw2d version so that my visual manager, which let you connect terminals to infotrons visually, now route not at all between nodes. I'll get to that when I can.

Right now the main target is to be able to save and load both position, size and style of elements, including hierarchical elements in a page, including any infotrons and their properties and connections, with no losses between serializations.

This has proven to be nontrivial, but at the moment I am saving things correctly, and I erase stuff when loading almost correctly, and I can load all visible artifacts, and also all infotrons. Only the connections are remaining. And that is a known problem. I just have to choose how to do it, which is very nice for a change :)

And after that ...... the actual generation of a stand-alone webpage directory with the correct html generated and the correct js and css files copied to it. This is a non-hard problem, compared to my battles with the load/save cycle. I _know_ how to do it.

And when I've done that all I have to do is copy that process, tweak it a bit, and have export functions for both joomla and Google widgets (or any other stuff I'd like) Google widgets are extremely cool, because google has their own (of course) proxying library, so I don't have to ship a PHP (or other) backend for the proxy stuff. Hmm. I probably have to drop support for wsdl things initially, since I use PHP for that, but what the hey, who uses that stuff nowadays anyway? :)

Comments